MotionBox»Forums
Neo Ar
165 posts / 1 project
riscy.tv host
Arch linux package?
bunjee

It's mostly QML so it should build well. Making it run is another story.

I can already point that WResizer might need to be tweaked to get proper window resizing. But you can draw inspiration from this.

Yep, it builds fine, only needed to add -lvlc -ltorrent-rasterbar in the pro file. Just need to get it to run now :)

bunjee

At one point I would like to automate building using travis, are you familiar with it?

I'm aware of it, but have never used it personally.
Benjamin Arnaud
74 posts / 1 project
hacker for the society of sharing.
Arch linux package?
Edited by Benjamin Arnaud on
miotatsu
Yep, it builds fine, only needed to add -lvlc -ltorrent-rasterbar in the pro file. Just need to get it to run now :)

Awesome news.

Now is a great time to drop my student quote: "It builds, let's go home".
Neo Ar
165 posts / 1 project
riscy.tv host
Arch linux package?
Been a while since I've worked on this, but I've gotten my stream setup working (twitch.tv/miotatsu)

I see that you have been busy! The latest build of motionbox builds AND runs on linux. However, png resources are failing to load, and videos do not play. Will be looking into these issues on my stream. Will also be archiving videos of my work on youtube, haven't made a channel for it yet though.
Benjamin Arnaud
74 posts / 1 project
Arch linux package?
I've been working on the linux version.

I have a fix for the broken pictures and the video playback ! I'm also working on resizing the window.
The setup was a tad more complex on ubuntu than on Arch.
Looking forward to push something soon.

Congratulations for the stream, saw your replay and went through the same thing on ubuntu.
Jeremiah Goerdt
208 posts / 1 project
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Arch linux package?
Excitement is building! I'm looking forward to using MotionBox for video rather than the browser. You two are doing great work, thanks!
Neo Ar
165 posts / 1 project
riscy.tv host
Arch linux package?
bunjee

I have a fix for the broken pictures and the video playback ! I'm also working on resizing the window.
The setup was a tad more complex on ubuntu than on Arch.
Looking forward to push something soon.

This is awesome news! I won't repeat the work you've already done then. Let me know if there are any other Linux specific issues that you aren't actively working on.

CaptainKraft
Excitement is building! I'm looking forward to using MotionBox for video rather than the browser. You two are doing great work, thanks!

Agreed! Pretty much all the credit goes to Bunjee regarding great work; my only contribution was getting Sky to build on Linux :P
Jeremiah Goerdt
208 posts / 1 project
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Arch linux package?
miotatsu
bunjee
Agreed! Pretty much all the credit goes to Bunjee regarding great work; my only contribution was getting Sky to build on Linux :P

Hey now, you stepped up and got the ball rolling. That deserves some creadit if you ask me.
Bill Strong
50 posts
Arch linux package?
Edited by Bill Strong on Reason: Made link work.
Packpack might be what you are looking for to build .deb and .rpm packages with Travis. It compiles from github.

It supports these distros currently.

Debian: Wheezy / Jessie / Stretch / Sid
Ubuntu: Precise / Trusty / Xenial / Yakkety
Fedora: 23 / 24 / Rawhide
CentOS: 6 / 7
Roman Tsisyk
1 posts
Arch linux package?
BillDStrong
Packpack might be what you are looking for to build .deb and .rpm packages with Travis. It compiles from github.

It supports these distros currently.

Debian: Wheezy / Jessie / Stretch / Sid
Ubuntu: Precise / Trusty / Xenial / Yakkety
Fedora: 23 / 24 / Rawhide
CentOS: 6 / 7

Hi, I try to can add support for Arch Linux binary packages in PackPack, please file a ticket on GitHub.
Benjamin Arnaud
74 posts / 1 project
Arch linux package?
Alright, MotionBox is running quite good on Linux !

Here is a first build for ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.

It runs with the following:
sudo apt-get install vlc

tar -xvzf MotionBox-1.1.2-linux64.tar.gz

cd MotionBox-1.1.2

./MotionBox

Go ahead and give it a spin !

I'm not sure about the proper way to distribute it among various linux distributions. And I'm *really* open to contributions in that department.

@miotatsu: could you give it a spin with your Arch distro ?

P34C3 ♥.
Neo Ar
165 posts / 1 project
riscy.tv host
Arch linux package?
bunjee

Here is a first build for ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.
Go ahead and give it a spin !
@miotatsu: could you give it a spin with your Arch distro ?

Woo, this is exciting news!! The binary package you've provided here is missing libaudio.so.2 for me
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Arch linux package?
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nas/ ?
Neo Ar
165 posts / 1 project
riscy.tv host
Arch linux package?
Edited by Neo Ar on

Will submit a package to the AUR for motionbox later tonight! :)

Edit: Latest tagged release on github is out-of-date, master branch segfaults after editing the MotionBox.pro file to link with our dependencies, I could provide a PKGBUILD for the binary package but need a direct link rather than google drive.
Benjamin Arnaud
74 posts / 1 project
Arch linux package?
Wouhou ! Thank you for running it on Arch.

I'm happy for MotionBox to run on Linux. Especially on the ethical side of things. Running MotionBox with 100% free software makes me happy.

On your capture I notice an issue with the font vertical alignment. We might have to specify a custom offset on the Arch platform.

- Initially I thought about publishing a tar archive for MotionBox. But VLC plugins do not like it very much. Could you run a "ldd" on MotionBox and let me know which libraries I should package aside from libaudio.so.2 ?

- I would love MotionBox to be available on most popular repositories but that's just too much work for me. So I'm open to contributions, all I'm asking is to be credited and having my word to say on things.

- Lastly I would like to make MotionBox really easy to build and install. I commited a 3rdparty.sh script to make it easier on ubuntu, but it's still a bit rough.

The latest tagged 1.1.2 release was made prior to Linux support. So it does not work.

The latest pull from master should run fine though, are you having issues with it ?
Benjamin Arnaud
74 posts / 1 project
Arch linux package?
miotatsu
I could provide a PKGBUILD for the binary package but need a direct link rather than google drive.

Oh, and if anything needs hosting I can provide it.